My name is Leslie Gilmour, I am from Glasgow, Scotland – but now live between Dublin, Glasgow and Prague. I love camping, long-distance hiking, short weekend hikes and long walks like the 780km Camino de Santiago across Northern Spain and hate writing bios.
This website is one of my hobby sites on travel and walking, it is my evening and weekend pleasure when not out walking or cycling.
How It All Started
It’s my grandfather’s fault! I first went camping with my grandparent when I was four years old and went back to the same camping place for the next eleven years. (As a 15-year old I became too cool to camp…)
Every summer, those two weeks were an escape from the city and a chance to run around the hill and swim in the sea – even though it was bloody freezing. I have many great memories of building dams on small streams, massive sandcastles when the sea went out, and calm beautiful evenings around the campfire. It was kind of idyllic.
I didn’t start camping and hiking again until I was in my mid-twenties. (I’d changed what I thought was cool) Since then I have walked hundreds of day hikes and many long-distance hikes like a month on the Camino de Santiago, (twice), the West Highland Way, and maybe the best has been hiking in the Rockies for 3 weeks.
Today I live in the city and like it – but every weekend is a chance to get out and enjoy the rhyme of hiking and spending time with my family or friend.
Write for Me…
I receive a lot of emails asking if I accept guest posts – yes I do, but most of the submissions I refuse – the posts are just bad, very bloody bad.
If you do write to me asking to publish on my site here are a few guidelines that will save us both some trouble:
- Tell me who you are when you email me, website, etc, otherwise, the delete button is my friend
- I expect your website to be related to outdoors
- Minimum 1,500 word posts – I can’t imagine covering a topic in less than that
- Topic targetted posts that are interesting and will drive traffic from search
- No plagiarism – I shouldn’t have to say it, but it still happens
- If your post is published elsewhere I will need to delete it from my site – Google hates duplicates
- That’s it for now, but I am sure this list will expand over time.
Email me leslie the usual at outdoorscott.com